|Age: 33||Height:5 feet 4 inches||Education: IHM Aurangabad|
Who is Saransh Goila?
Saransh Goila is a celebrity Indian chef, food journalist, TV show host and entrepreneur. He became the winner of the Food Food Maha Challenge and founded the popular restaurant chain “Goila Butter Chicken” in Mumbai. He is also the author of the travelogue called “India On My Platter.”
Physical stats and more
|Height||5 feet 4 inches/163 cm/1.63 m|
|Weight (approx)||65 kg/143.3 lbs|
|Birth date||17th February, 1987 (Tuesday)|
|Current age||33 years, 7 months and 29 days|
|Hobbies||Loves to watch offbeat bollywood movies, international films and drama and travelling|
|Favorite dish||Butter chicken|
|School||Manav Sthali School, New Delhi (1993-2005)|
|College||Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)-Culinary Arts/Chef Training (2005-2008)
|Vocational course||Barry John Acting Studio
Associate’s degree in Acting (2010)
Family and relationships
Saransh Goila belongs to a middle-class family and he grew up in Pitampura of Delhi. He has one sister. Saransh is believed to be dating a beautiful Indian woman, whose name is Divya Rao, for quite some time now and they call each other as butter chicken and naan. One can find many adorable pictures of the couple with interesting captions in his Instagram account. Though he is very explicit when it comes to expressing love for his girlfriend he is yet to announce his future plans. However, it seems that they will surely tie the knot sometime in the near future.
As per Forbes’ 2019 report, Saransh’s net worth was Rs. 1.41 crores in 2019. His net worth in 2020 is estimated to be around $1 million to $5 million. He endorses brands like Samsung Galaxy, Alpenliebe and Cinepolis.
How did Saransh Goila’s Career begin?
Saransh was passionate about food since his childhood days. He used to play in the kitchen when was about 12-years-old and everyone in the family called him “the boy who cooks in the kitchen.” In those days trying out new recipes and restaurants was an affordable form of entertainment for them.
Though his first love was acting and he got enrolled in Barry John Acting Studio, his family thought that a cooking career would be a more stable option. So, finally he went on to study hotel management. Initially, he started with a catering company in Delhi and he also used to take up food styling assignments from Prahlad Kakkar.
At this point, he realized that he could use his oratory skills and teach people how to cook, the way masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor does. His butter chicken recipe bought him instant name and fame. In fact, his butter chicken has been rated as the best in the world by well-known Australian chef George Calombaris.
As a talented Indian chef, Saransh Goila can make any food delicious that may seem boring and he has won millions of hearts with his mouthwatering recipes and his charming personality.
Here’s one of Saransh’s most famous recipes:
- He got an invitation to participate as a guest judge on Masterchef Australia from India in the year 2018. In the show, the contestants were supposed to prepare his famous butter chicken dish by following his recipe.
- He has visited many places in India documenting recipes for his food travelogue “Sadak Chef” and this was one of his dream projects.
- He opened his restaurant chain “Goila Butter Chicken” in 2016.
- Saransh Goila took part in the show “Sanjeev Kapoor Ke Kitchen Khiladi” in 2013 which was telecasted on Sony India on 16th September, 2013.
- Saransh hosts a couple of popular TV shows on Food Food channel like “Healthy Fridge” and “Roti Rasta Aur India.”
- Saransh Goila made a place for himself in the prestigious Limca Book of Records in 2014 for “longest road journey by a chef.”
- The Food Food Maha Challenge which he won was hosted by masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit.
- He emerged as the winner of the much coveted title “India Ka Super Chef” among 15 other contestants.
- One can find his food vlogs and recipes on social media and he has a YouTube channel in his own name.
Some lesser-known facts
- When Saransh Goila was a teenager, he aspired to become an actor but his mother wanted him to become an engineer. There was a lot of confusion in the family regarding which career path he will choose when he was in class 12. However, his grandfather insisted that Saransh should establish himself as a professional chef because he realized his potential.
- Saransh used to be a vegetarian before he enrolled for hotel management. While studying he realized that he will even have to taste non-vegetarian food if he wishes to continue in this profession in future. Initially, he had seafood and then gradually he had all sorts of nonveg food.
- There was a time when he used to weigh about 93 kgs but now he is quite conscious about physical fitness and has trimmed down a lot.
- He says that there is hardly a day when he doesn’t watch any movie and till date he has watched more than 5000 movies.
The media appearances he made
- In the year 2018, Saransh was the host of the web series “Run to Eat,” a food travelogue where he travelled to various international locations and explored the local cuisines. Saransh appeared as a judge in Season 10 of Masterchef Australia.
- In the year 2014, he came up with a web series “The Spice Traveller” on his own YouTube channel. This web series was a food travelogue where he traveled to Great Britain.
- In the Indian food travelogue show “Roti Rasta Aur India” on Food Food channel in 2012, he travelled a distance of 20,000 km in 100 days by road. In this culinary journey, he met people in villages, came to know about their cuisine and cooked the same while travelling.